After almost 26 years, the pandemic popularized the QR code (contact less contact tracing relied on QR codes). They’re so much easier to use and so much faster than typing up a long url.
And all you need is your smartphone’s camera.
But are they still relevant for marketing in 2021?
YES! 🎉 QR codes are still a valuable tool for marketers.
- 86.66% of smartphone users have scanned a QR Code at least once in their lifetime.
- 36.40 % scan at least one QR Code a week
- 46.81% of respondents agreed that QR codes make life easier in a touchless world
- 96% growth in total QR reach over the same 2018-2020 time period
QR codes are best used for a specific purpose. Here’s how you can use QR codes:
- Vcards (think business cards)
- Promo codes (coupon codes)
- Resume/document (lead magnet)
- website/social media link/donation link/payment link
- enroll/apply (online courses)
- Menu (restaurants)
- Maps (hotels/resorts)
The coolest part? You can brand QR codes.
Scan one of these and let me know what you think of QR codes!